New York City Center is hiring a Marketing Assistant that supports every facet of the department operations. This position has a strong administrative focus while also contributing to ideation and design of marketing campaigns and materials. The Marketing Assistant is expected to professionally represent City Center through a knowledgeable understanding and enthusiasm for all our programming.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the design, deployment, and tracking of City Center emails with an eye to continuous improvement through testing
- Assist with the ideation and execution of City Center’s social media accounts, including researching content, creating posts, community management, and reporting
- Participate in marketing brainstorming sessions and the development and execution of marketing plans
- Analyze web traffic reports and identify contributing success factors of digital campaigns
- Coordinate the outreach and cultivation of group sales prospects and clients
- Support student ticket initiatives including the Access City Center Club
- Research and evaluate new tools and advertising opportunities
- Clerical work and errands including distribution of press tickets
- Track department and production marketing budgets and process departmental invoices
- Track email revenue and identify customer segments for email strategy and track results
- Update internal signage (box office/lobby screens)
- Evaluate and assign third party vendor allocations (TodayTix, Goldstar, TDF)
- Cultivate institutional and show specific audience development
- Serve as departmental liaison with rental organizations for digital and print assets
- Maintain tracking documents to analyze long term campaigns and ticket sales
- Assist with website updates
- Work collaboratively with other departments to create and deploy surveys through Survey Monkey
- Regularly attend City Center events and performances
Highly qualified applicants will possess:
- 1+ years of marketing experience (apprenticeships included)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or additional professional development related to the field
- Performing arts background and/or a strong interest in our programming
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to learn Adobe Creative Suite, Tessitura (ticketing software), and Google Analytics
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think creatively and collaborate effectively
- Ability to uphold brand standards while fulfilling requests in a timely manner
Email your resume and cover letter to Jobs@NYCityCenter.org. Please include Marketing Assistant in the subject line. We prefer personalized cover letters so please tell us why this position at City Center interests you and how your previous experience enables you to be successful in this role.
New York City Center Teaching Artists: Encores! - Directors, Music Directors, Choreographers
New York City Center seeks energetic, passionate musical theater teaching artists to join our existing team. Ideal candidates will have extensive arts education teaching experience in NYC schools, demonstrate mastery in musical theater, and work well in a collaborative teaching team.
Part-Time Teaching Artists’ (TAs) job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate Encores! In Schools Residencies and participate in Professional Development Sessions
- In School Workshops and Residencies range from 2-10 sessions.
- Professional Development Sessions take place at City Center annually
- Participate in annual Encores! curriculum development day, and work with City Center staff to develop season goals, themes, and curriculum
- Partner with teachers and other TAs to plan and develop lessons
- Participate in planning meetings, as needed
- Serve as a representative of City Center in NYC schools
- Expertise in musical theater as a director, choreographer, or musical director
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- 2+ years of experience in NYC public schools
- Experience developing curriculum
- A flexible weekday schedule between 8:00am-3:00pm
- Ability to take ownership of assigned work and accountability for positive outcomes
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong collaborative skills
- A passion for arts-education
- Multi-lingual, a plus
Position Available: This is a part-time, contracted position. Work is offered on a needs basis, determined by school registration and availability.
Compensation: Wage varies based on work performed
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should send a brief cover letter, a resume highlighting education experience, and a musical theater lesson plan in PDF format to email@example.com. Please include “Teaching Artist” in the subject line.
The mission of City Center Education is to ignite an appreciation of the performing arts, cultivate the creative mind and create a culture of inquiry and exploration. Committed to drawing inspiration from works on the mainstage, City Center Education strives to provide innovative, accessible arts education to schools and communities across New York City.
Creative and Administrative Apprenticeships
New York City Center’s Apprenticeship program trains the next generation of creative, passionate arts professionals and builds pathways to careers in the arts for candidates from underrepresented communities. Our Administrative Apprenticeships run from September to May, with postings in our Education, Development, Marketing & Communications, and Programming departments. Creative Apprenticeships are available in Choreography or Directing, Costume Design, Lighting Design, Music Direction, Scene Design, and Sound Design on select Encores! and Encores! Off-Center shows. All Apprentices are compensated at $15/hour.
Learn more about the program and find out which Apprenticeships we’re currently hiring for by clicking here. https://www.nycitycenter.org/education/college-apprenticeships/
City Center is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment (including sexual harassment) based upon any protected characteristic. City Center does not discriminate for reasons of race, color, creed, religion, age, marital status, membership in a domestic partnership, veterans or uniform service member status, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ethnic or national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, history of domestic violence or assault, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and local laws. City Center ensures equal and fair treatment of any employee or applicant with known mental or physical disabilities.